Saturday 23 August 2014

Tale of 40K Gamers -REDUX- Part 3:



A quick, late night update for today, mainly because I'm stuck into painting and want to get as much done before the new season of Doctor Who starts tonight.

All my Marines are now base coated in the best blues and have had their silvers painted. The next step will be painting the golds followed by shading, detailing and weathering, all in all, I'm darn confident I can see this through before Force Z!




I did up my test models (the missing 5 marines from the 15 above) but was unsatisfied with the shading I had done. Washing the models liberally with Nuln Oil was a bad choice and left the models a bit too dark for my liking.
That said, the example is below, what are your thoughts on this test model?
My major concern being that the below example (honestly brighter than it is in real life due to lighting) is that with the highlights, they look just a little too much like night lords.
Also, feedback on the shoulder pads too!



Lastly, I HAVE got my captain painted up to a level I'm happy with;








I *was* planning to do a painting guide in this blog, but with my dissatisfaction with the first patch of testers, iIthought I'd wait until I have really nailed down a method I'm happy with.

Anyways, that's it for tonight, see you all tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment